I opened my firm in Roanoke, Virginia, in 2014. Since then, I have built a client base of people who find themselves going through what may be the most stressful time of their lives. I love my work, both inside and outside of the courtroom, and I am continually inspired by the resilience and strength of my clients. Originally from Northern Virginia, I completed my undergraduate degree at the University of Virginia, and then I graduated magna cum laude from George Mason School of Law in 2012.
- I am a mom to two wonderful boys. Becoming a mom opened my eyes to the enormous demands placed on caregivers to children. I use that perspective to ensure my clients get a fair hearing by presenting these demands in a clear and persuasive manner.
- When I’m not in the courtroom, I satisfy my competitive spirit by practicing judo and I have competed in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competitions.
Champion of Other Women
- I am the past president of the Roanoke Chapter of Virginia Women’s Attorney’s Association, and I have been active on both the state and local boards. I founded and I currently chair the Member Recognition Committee. This committee recognizes that historically the achievements of women have not been as visible as those of our male counterparts, and I work to have the achievements of our members recognized.
- Recognizing that women may not have enough networking opportunities, I have organized gatherings of women or various ages and backgrounds. I believe also in paying it forward, and I look for opportunities to provide support to younger women.
- I enjoy speaking engagements on a variety of topics. Some of the topics I am most passionate about are: the practice of family law, representing women who have been the victims of physical and emotional abuse, practicing law as a woman in a male dominated field, how to start your own firm, and juggling the demands of motherhood and a career.
- I have most recently given presentations for Washington & Lee School of Law, the University of Maryland School of Law, the Roanoke Valley Paralegal Association, Virginia Tech School of Law, Roanoke WFIR radio, and the 2019 Roanoke Mom Expo.
- I have written articles on many topics, including emotional abuse, keeping your family together after a divorce, divorce statistics, feeling shame after a divorce, concerns about the reaction of children during a divorce, shared custody, and challenges fathers face in a custody battle.
- My articles have been published in: Brazen Women, CNBC, Today, Justipedia, Redbook, Empowering Parents, Ms. Career Girl, Mom’s Choice Awards.
- I also maintain a blog.
Licenses and Leadership Positions
- Licensed to Practice Law in Commonwealth of Virginia since 2012
- Passed the Virginia State Bar in 2012
- Admitted to practice in the Western District of Virginia 2014
- Past President of the Salem Roanoke County Bar Association
- Past President of the Roanoke Chapter of the Virginia Women’s Attorney’s Association